Health Conscious Peeps

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Horrible Guilt?

I'm not going to lie...

I'm eating cupcakes. I couldn't take it anymore. Everyone was posting pictures of cupcakes, and stuff from their kids Valentine parties, and it was just making me nuts.

So, I'm going to turn this into a lesson for all of us... one I learned long ago.

If you're dieting, you must give yourself a break at times. One (or two) cupcakes on a special occasion, isn't going to make you gain weight. Yet, you'd probably eat it, then jump on that scale first thing in the morning to make sure. My suggestion as far as the scale, would be to jump back on after 24 hours of good water consumption.

I think what I need to make clear as far as what I'm doing is that this is not a diet. This is about forming healthy habits... exercise, water consumption, food combinations, and anything else that will help us lose weight, AND keep the weight off, because of the habits we've developed. This does not make the cupcakes okay though. I know, I know...

I don't know about you, but I love to eat things with plenty of flavor... if I feel like I'm dieting, I'm starving all the time. It's all about doing it right!! I promise, the first lesson will begin tomorrow. The cupcakes are making me feel a bit sluggish... and honestly, it's been a long day. I've promised myself 3 workouts tomorrow. We shall see!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment