Health Conscious Peeps

Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Monday!!

My thought for today is this:



Starting the day out right... coffee, which for me, is a natural cleanser (right, you didn't want to know that)!
Then a dark chocolate kiss... the reason: dark chocolate has a number of health benefits! It helps produce nitric oxide which is important for healthy blood flow and blood pressure. It also gives you much needed energy, without the sugar "low" we experience after having a cupcake, and it prevents fat-like substances from clogging your arteries. It's kind of funny, because while it provides an energy boost, it also provides a calming effect! So, I have 1 dark chocolate kiss in the morning (remember too much is never good for you!) with coffee, and 1 chocolate kiss in the evening with a glass of red wine, which is also good for your heart!!

This morning's breakfast consisted of 1 hard boiled egg. There are many ways to make an egg, but this is often the easiest for me. I can put it in for 15 minutes, do whatever else it is I need to do, and come back when it's done. It's best to stay away from carbs in the morning, and give yourself that protein punch first thing!

It's also best not to make dinner the main meal. You should try to eat power packed breakfasts and lunches, have small, healthy snacks throughout the day (nuts ((almonds are the best)), berries, peanut butter, veggies like bell pepper slices, raw asparagus, and the usual broccoli), and a light dinner as early in the evening as you can. This doesn't mean you can't have a snack before bed if you're hungry. You can, just nothing crazy. A doctor told me that a hard boiled egg before bed, provides the good cholesterol your body needs (especially if you're not a red-meat eater), and aids in getting a good night of rest!

I know I promised you a list of 20 foods you should have in your home, and then a list of some super foods as well. I'll get that for you as soon as I can! I have to go work out while I can, get some things done around this house, and tonight the kids' school has a basketball game.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!!




No comments:

Post a Comment